Solved

Irish VAT Returns

• 26 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone have experience of configuring Acumatica Taxes to enable Irish VAT Reporting/Returns ?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 26 February 2024, 16:16

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Are you having a problem with your Reporting?  Do you have a question about Irish VAT?

Please provide details of your problem or question so that we may answer. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

We need to set up Taxes to provide VAT Reporting for a customer in Ireland. I don’t know anything about Irish VAT so was wondering if anyone had experience of this and could help me.

Thanks

Mike

Badge +18

Hello,

I recommend the following:

1. Begin with following Acumatica VAT Training guide, training class F335. 
  2. Investigate how VAT is configured in Acumatica-provided demo tenants.
  3. Ask your client for screen shots of how VAT was configured in the prior system, and samples of VAT reports from the prior system.
  4. Work closely with your client to test a few documents, different scenarios in Acumatica in their UAT/Test tenant to finalize your settings.

If you have an error message that you cannot solve, or if the tax doesn’t properly calculate, or resulting tax report is not correct, post details here so we may assist. 

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your response.

I have done F335, I am familiar with how zones, categories and rates etc work. I am however not familiar with Irish VAT, so was simply asking if anyone else had already done it as it would have been helpful. If not I will continue to work with the client to try and figure it out ourselves.

Thanks

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mbowen16 I am very familiar with Irish VAT but I have not set it up on Acumatica. I have set up Vat for Holland/Germany etc.

Basically you probably need 5 Tax rates you need 23% (Goods), 13.5% (Services)  and 9 % (reduced rates), Exempt and Outside Scope both 0% but needed for reporting. VAT is an output tax on sales and an input tax on Purchases. The Product and Customer/Vendor will drive the rate charges so zones and categories will be used as generally the item determines the Tax rate but the customer/vendor may an exemption certificate or they may be in a country outside of the EU and therefore outside the scope of VAT.

Here is the revenue link on VAT

https://www.revenue.ie/en/vat/index.aspx 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved