Skip to main content
Solved

How to reverse an AP bill of non project code so that I can record an AP bill under a project code?

• 4 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello team,

I have been looking out if I can create a debit adj to reverse an AP bill of a non project code & then create a new AP bill under a project.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @Harry ,

Yes, you can create a debit adjustment and apply it to the AP bill.

Or else you can directly reverse the AP bill; it automatically creates a debit adjustment.

Please test this on test tenant first.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @Harry ,

Yes, you can create a debit adjustment and apply it to the AP bill.

Or else you can directly reverse the AP bill; it automatically creates a debit adjustment.

Please test this on test tenant first.

is it possible to run a sql script where i can modify the project Codes?

Badge +18

Hello @Harry ,

No, not recommended to run any script to update project code from X to a project.  There is more impact in other tables of the database, transaction creation in projects module, update of project on the GL transactions for the document, etc. to consider. Definitely not recommended to use SQL to update transactions.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Laura02  & @MuthumaliDhanushika27 , and how about for debit adjs, if I am looking to nullify the balance for the created debit adj too, since it has been created under non project code & I now want to get it created under a specific project id?

Badge +18

Hello @Harry ,

If you have a Debit adjustment with no project and you’d like to replace it with a Debit Adjustment with project populated, you may reverse the Debit Adjustment and enter it again. 

Most Debit Adjustments may be reversed with [...] More actions menu, Reverse.  If Reverse is not available for your Debit Adjustment, simply enter a Credit Adjustment to match the Debit Adjustment in AP Bills & Adjustments screen: same date, same vendor , same amount, etc. Then copy the original Debit Adjustment to a new Debit Adjustment and change the Project field.

Laura