Solved

How to resolve error upon selecting a line on the upper table

Userlevel 1
Badge

"An error occurred during processing of the field Depr. From Period: FA Error: The book calendar corresponding to the start date of the asset's uselife (2/7/2023) is missing in the POSTING book. Create calendar on the Generate Book Calendars “ 

Added Info: the life of the Asset Class selected was set to 2 years

Here’s a screenshot of the error:

Set-up for Calendars:

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 21 March 2023, 04:05

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @shelsantillan96 

Can you share the fixed information as shown below 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 the FA was not yet created, I was supposed to create an FA using Convert purchases to asset form when this error prompt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@shelsantillan96 have you processed the posting book? it looks like you may need to check the box, process the book, and then try again.  can you let us know your results?

Thanks,

Iqra

Userlevel 1
Badge

@iqraharrison48 done it, error remains the same; FA useful life only covers until 2025, since it’s uselife is only 2 years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shelsantillan96 

Please check the asset class selected ‘OE Laptop’.

What is the useful life set on above asset class? 

Check if the Book calendar generated covers the date of creating asset + number of years useful life set on asset class. 

Looks like its not, if you create additional calendar period based on above, it should fix the error. 

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

The Generated calendar covers the life of OE LAPTOP Class

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi guys @manikantad18 @iqraharrison48 @vkumar is there any other set-up I have missed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shelsantillan96 

Please send me screenshot of ‘Depreciation settings’ tab of your asset class. I suspect the useful life mentioned there for Posting book may be different. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @vkumar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shelsantillan96 

Noted, can you send the screenshot of Book calendar for year 2023 ( ScreenId=FA304000 )

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @vkumar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@shelsantillan96 it looks like your book calendar starts on 4/1/23 and the transaction you are trying to post is on 2/7/23.  i am not sure what your fiscal year looks like but this would need to be fixed to include February 2023 for the transaction to post with the date you wish to process

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shelsantillan96 

Can you send year 2022 Book calendar screenshot as well. What was the first Financial year setup on GL module ? Since you seem to have generated Book calendar for year 2022, it should have picked up the Book calendar period based on the date.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

@shelsantillan96 it looks like your book calendar starts on 4/1/23 and the transaction you are trying to post is on 2/7/23.  i am not sure what your fiscal year looks like but this would need to be fixed to include February 2023 for the transaction to post with the date you wish to process

Hi @iqraharrison48 

FYR :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @shelsantillan96 

Can you send year 2022 Book calendar screenshot as well. What was the first Financial year setup on GL module ? Since you seem to have generated Book calendar for year 2022, it should have picked up the Book calendar period based on the date.

Regards,

Hi @vkumar FYR :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@shelsantillan96 do you have a book calendar for the year 2022 that is active? what i am seeing is that 2/7/23 is not actually a part of the 2023 book calendar (the first day of the 2023 fiscal year per your screenshots is 4/1/2023).  in order for this transaction to process with a 2/7/23 date, you would need the 2022 book calendar which should be through 03/31/2023

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved