Solved

How to modify a notification for both invoices and credit memos using conditions

• 23 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a way in which the body of the Invoice notification can be changed depending on whether the document is an invoice or a credit memo?

I am able to use the ‘type’ field where applicable (subject etc.), but the wording in the body of the invoice differs from that in the credit note:

‘Please remit payment….’ for invoice.

‘If you have any …..’ for credit memo.

icon

Best answer by dshillair23 24 August 2022, 01:29

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think we can add If statement logic to the Notification Templates screen.

However, similar questions have been asked before about sending two different Welcome emails for new users based on User Class, and modifying the notification email content accompanying AR Statements.   I hope these posts will give you some ideas to try.

If these links do not help, speaking to your partner about a customization may be the next step.

Userlevel 1

We just did this with the help of our VAR.  If the notification sends a Printed Form report (our invoice notifications do), you can modify the report in Report Designer to point to a different notification template based on an IF statement.  You have to clear the Notification specified in Acumatica and only have the system use the logic in the underlying report.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great thank you. All I needed to do was to remove the notification template from the customer class as the report already had the condition in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @suemackeown13 

I am posting an additional update on this request

We have created a Business event to send the emails based on the document type 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved