Skip to main content

Is there a way to directly invoice non-stock items through a Sales Order without creating a shipment?

We have non-stock items that are job specific and need to be on the Sales Order. These non-stock items are not tangible products and do not require shipments. 

We would prefer to steer clear from creating fake shipments and invoicing through AR since we would like to have a document that is connected to the specific Sales Order. 

Thank you!

Hi @jdunmire 

When creating Non-Stock Items, uncheck “Require Receipt” & “Require Shipment”

Then, after creating Sales Orders > Choose “Prepare Invoice”

Best Regards,

NNT

This does not calculate sales tax correctly if you are using outside software for Sales Tax like Avalara.  Does anyone have another idea how to get around this?  I think there should be a box to check next to the Non-stock items added on the invoice that gives the option of it being taxed with the shipment location or not.

This does not calculate sales tax correctly if you are using outside software for Sales Tax like Avalara.  Does anyone have another idea how to get around this?  I think there should be a box to check next to the Non-stock items added on the invoice that gives the option of it being taxed with the shipment location or not.

You can manually change the tax zone by line item right from the Sales Order - not sure how that all fits in with Avalara though.

You may try enabling the feature Advance SO Invoices. 

System Management, Enable/Disable Features.  This would be for sales order invoices.

I checked and this is enabled.  I think it has more to do with the Avalara connection and it seems Acumatica needs to create something to fix it.

Hi @jdunmire 

When creating Non-Stock Items, uncheck “Require Receipt” & “Require Shipment”

Then, after creating Sales Orders > Choose “Prepare Invoice”

Best Regards,

NNT

This would work but not if you use Avalara. I’ve tried.