Solved

How to fix "AUTOMATIC NUMBERING CANNOT BE PERFORMED" when encoding the customer?

• 8 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

How do I fix this error when encoding of customer. At first, I was able to encode the details of customer, but in the past few days, it suddenly got an error and I don’t know what happen. 

I’ve already checked in numbering sequence module and the sequence are correct

List of customer in branch of CUB

icon

Best answer by Laura02 25 October 2022, 11:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @acumaticapm182 
Could you please if Auto numbering is enabled in the segmented key screen as shown as below?

Is this issue happening for all Branches, if any issues happening specific to branch then please delete the numbering sequence and reconfigure for the Branch,

Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @manikantad18,

We need that auto number for the CustomerID, if we don’t check that the user will force to fill the CustomerID field. What are the other method to fix this issue aside from Segmented Keys?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @manikantad18,

We need that auto number for the CustomerID, if we don’t check that the user will force to fill the CustomerID field. What are the other method to fix this issue aside from Segmented Keys?

Thanks

If you don't check Auto numbering option, then You need to select the Manual numbering checkbox in the Numbering sequence,

User has to enter the customer ID manually every time he creates the Customer.

Thanks

Badge +18

Hi,

First, I think you are saying that Auto-number is checked on for a 1-segment customer id in Segmented keys screen. It’s helpful if you can post a screen shot of Segmented Keys screen for our confirmation.

I notice your Customer profile screen is very different from mine.  Difference may be your edition of Acumatica, or your screen may be customized. Can you provide your Edition, version, and whether the screen is customized?  If the screen is customized, please temporarily un-publish customizations and let us know whether the error still occurs.

Last, Is there any more helpful information in the Trace? (Tools → Trace → Expand and post details).

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @laura01 

This is the current version of Acumatica (Retired version) 

and this is the configuration from the segmented keys

Segment Values

and regarding in customization, I already unpublish this and same issue

Thanks

Badge +18

One numbering sequence is shared between customer and vendor. Is vendor numbering similar style, like CUB######?  Is it possible that CUB000011 already exists as a VENDOR?  Try advancing Last Number Used in the customer sequence for location CUB so that it’s higher than the highest vendor number that already exists.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @laura01 

This is the existing list of vendors from the client, and I don’t think that the customer of CUB000011 is the vendor

and no option for sequence numbering for vendor

Same issue even I tried to change the last number from Numbering Sequence

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi

I found the solution on how to rid this error. First, I removed the access role per branches

and I can’t see other options to restrict this from Access Rights by Role (Configuration Folder)

but how can I bring this back to restrict visibility of branches for the specific users without any encountering an error?

Badge +18

Possibly, test the above solution in your upgrade sandbox, then upgrade to a supported version and then reconfigure your branch roles.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved