Question

G/L Journal Entry Splitting

• 19 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have tried numerous times to split a journal entry into multiple lines without it posting successfully.  The only way I can get Acumatica to split an entry to multiple sub accounts is to do it one line at a time.  Why is this necessary?

We are on 2020 R1

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Tiffany Seeland 

Please elaborate and let us know the screen  you use to split the transaction. What error have you got while posting? You may provide the screenshots to check further. 

Regards,

Userlevel 1

I’m using reclassify and split within the finance module.  The error says GL Error: Because not all lines of the splitting group have been selected, processing is impossible.

Hi @Tiffany Seeland , I am experiencing the same splitting error, were you able to resolve this issue?

Userlevel 1

I did finally figure out that you can’t split an entry to the same g/l account within one reclassify/split entry.  So, I made multiple splits, each entry having only one split to the same g/l account.  Eventually, I got the entry properly classified from the get go, and removed the need to split as I assume the split is probably not going to get fixed.  Wish I had a better answer for you.  Depending on the numbers of splits that you need to enter, you may be better off just entering a journal entry than using the Acumatica functionality.  :(

Userlevel 1

Seems like a minor improvement that could be made? I can’t think of a control reason why to limit splitting and reallocating in the same move...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved