Question

Fixed Asset !

• 2 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Hi, everyone,

I have error when y create a new Fixed Asset, I trate to explain

When enter receipt date “12/12/2017” and in te field Placed-in-service date “01/12/2022”

i have a error

Asset will be depreciated from 01/12/2018 to 12/31/2027, book 'FIN' does not have financial periods generated from 2018 to 2027. You need to go to 'Generate FA Calendars' screen and generate financial periods before changing this asset.

has it happened to someone?

the periods has ben created!

thanks

11 replies

sorry 

When enter receipt date “12/12/2017” and in te field Placed-in-service date “01/12/2018”

Badge +18

Hello @jtrejo27 

I like screen shots; they help me understand and answer.  Please, can you show a picture of your Generate Book Calendar screen for the FIN book? And a picture of the asset screen?

Thank you!

Laura

Hi Laura,

nice to meet you!!

I send you the pdf file with the screens

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jtrejo27 

According to your error,  you need to generate the fixed asset calendar to the year 2027. 

Here is the help to walk you through:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=3252c940-5f6a-4ad7-822f-0a76be11ae65

Badge +18

Thank you for the screen shots. When you open Book Calendars screen, can you see every month?

What happens if you enter 2018 - 2057 at the top of the Generate Book Calendars screen, select ON the checkbox for FIN and generate the book periods/years again? Please try. Let us know if you still see an error in the Fixed Assets screen. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

sorry for not answer on time, needed make review at fixed assets module
i keep with the problem in the module,
maybe the error is the next.

In México used the 13th period to adjusments and I can see, the fixed asset module dont use this period

some one have comment?

Badge +18

Hello @jtrejo27 ,

Thank you for waiting while I took a vacation. 😃

The Fixed Assets Posting book will always use the same number of fiscal periods as the General Ledger year.

Calendar for Non-Posting Books are defined in Book Calendar Setup screen.  Check ON “Has Adjustment Period” to add the 13th period.

Thanks @laura01 
i don't know, what happened
I used a posting book in Fixed Asset like to General Ledger book,  i think is other thing,
this problem is exclusive to Fixed Assets with   receipt date in december of any year and  
placed in service date January the next year, for example
recepit date = 12/15/2017​, placed in service = 01/15/2018

the Useful Life = 10 years

the error is the same =
FA Error: Asset will be depreciated from 1/15/2018 to 12/31/2027, book 'FIN' does not have financial periods generated from 2018 to 2027. You need to go to 'Generate FA Calendars' screen and generate financial periods before changing this asset.

thanks for your help!

Badge +18

Hello @jtrejo27 ,

If the calendar has been generated for all the financial periods and still Acumatica throws an error saying the financial periods are not generated, I think the next step is to open an Acumatica support ticket.

Hi @laura01Thank you very much for your help!!I will put the ticket

regards

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jtrejo27 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved