Solved

Financial period not defined error

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am trying to run recurring transactions and getting an error message that states “the financial period after 12-2023 is not defined in the system.  To proceed generate the necessary periods on the financial periods form.  What does this mean?  Thank you!! 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 December 2023, 14:45

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

You may need to create year 2024, or open periods in year 2024.

Go to Finance, Master Financial Calendar screen. Does 2024 exist? Can you see Financial Period ID’s on the left side?  What is the Status of each period?

Depending on your results, you may need to use + at top to add year 2024, then Generate Calendar, or you may need to Open the periods in year 2024.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

That worked to generate the calendar.  I don't understand why I needed the 2024 calendar to do 12/2023 transactions - maybe since recurring transaction and the next date would be 1/15/2024??  

Regardless it worked - thank you!! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved