Solved

Customer Rental activity

Userlevel 2

I have a customer requesting a report of everything they have rented from us, with prices included. Is there a report out there that has this information on one report?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 22 November 2022, 23:14

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @alexx 

How are you charging them? Is it on a sales order, AR Invoice or Proforma?

Userlevel 2

HI @alexx 

How are you charging them? Is it on a sales order, AR Invoice or Proforma?

Hi! 

We are charging them by the RI sales order type. Does that help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alexx 

I am not sure what an RI order type is but you can write a GI for that and filter based on what is needed. 

Here is a GI you could use to get you started, you can set parameters for what you need or just filter on the actual GI. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @alexx I have attached a GI to help with this request.  It will automatically filter to the RI order type and will leave you a selector box for Customer ID lookup.  You can then export the results directly to excel to provide the customer the list of Rental Order history. 

Userlevel 2

@kbeatty21 @rsternberg96 

Thank you both. We are fairly new to Acumatica. So, we’re getting to know our way around.

I’m not sure what a GI is and how do I use this GI script?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21 @rsternberg96 

Thank you both. We are fairly new to Acumatica. So, we’re getting to know our way around.

I’m not sure what a GI is and how do I use this GI script?

Here are the steps you can take:

1. Right click on the Attachment and chose> Save Link As:
  1. Save as a download and it will be an XML document

1. In Acumatica, go to Generic Inquiries and you click the clipboard and chose Import from XML:

1. You Choose the File, then Click Open. Then you click Upload File:

The system will import that file for you. 

Userlevel 2

@kbeatty21 

Awesome! So, after it uploads, is there anything I need to do? How do I get to the “Rental Orders” like you showed in the first comment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21

Awesome! So, after it uploads, is there anything I need to do? How do I get to the “Rental Orders” like you showed in the first comment?

You simply click the View Inquiry green button. The system saves it for you.

Userlevel 2

@kbeatty21

I see that you have a column called “Inventory ID.” I don’t see that as a choice for under Results Grid under the Generic Inquiry. Is there a table I need to change for my data that I have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21

I see that you have a column called “Inventory ID.” I don’t see that as a choice for under Results Grid under the Generic Inquiry. Is there a table I need to change for my data that I have?

Which GI are you using? Mine or @rsternberg96 ? 

Userlevel 2

@kbeatty21

Which GI are you using? Mine or @rsternberg96 ? 

@rsternberg96  is the file that I saved. But I tried yours. And now there seems to be something that isn’t enabled on my end. I get an error when I click “view inquiry” on yours; error message says “object reference not set to an instance of an object. screen: GI.98.89.76

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alexx 

Can you share the error in screenshots?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved