Solved

Cross-Tenant Transactions

• 22 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone, 

We’re looking to onboard a customer with about 4-6 companies, each with their own chart of accounts. Likely, they’ll have to run on different tenants because of the chart of accounts difference. I’m looking into 6 tenants, each with each other as vendors. This means, they’ll be running cross-company transactions across tenants. Any easy way to go about this besides my vendor solution?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by jsheehan56 23 February 2023, 15:53

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

I think the customer has much to gain by creating a combined chart of accounts, having companies in one tenant, and using automatically balancing Inter-company entries.  One tenant is the easy way; many tenants is the difficult way, in my opinion.

Badge +18

Hello @gusl ,

I noticed another post on the same topic; did you already read this one?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Nothing out of the box. Tenants are entirely separate databases with no crossover. This is an intentional design decision.

You could certainly have a series of export scenarios, import scenarios and windows macros that could satisfy the functionality that the built in Intercompany Document processing workflow acheive within a single Acumatica tenant, but I'd push back on the clients need for separate tenant databases and try to acheive this in a single tenant. Do they really need that or do they just want that because that is what they are used to?

Restriction groups for GL accounts can be tricky to implement and keep updated, but it can allow the functionality of having “separate GL Accounts” per company. 

We have a customer with multiple companies that do completely different things. They cannot share a chart of accounts. Also, they are currently using an ERP that allows multiple companies with different charts, but still have intercompany so going to Acumatica would take away functionality. Is there any future for intercompany at the tenant level?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lyearty45 we plan to focus on improving inter-company capabilities within a single tenant. Across tenants, we support a consolidation process, but that is designed to consolidate period-level financials on a single set of reports.

Some customers have written customer-specific import and export scenarios in each tenant to automate the process.

You already have intercompany within a single tenant. I found a third party that might work.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved