Skip to main content
Question

Credit term selection when create a Sales Invoice

• 11 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I created Sales Order 01 last month for a customer with the credit term A (the customer's default credit term is A). This month, I created another Sales Order 02 for the same customer with the credit term B (the customer's default credit term is now 😎. I created separate shipments for both sales orders. When creating an invoice that includes both sales orders, which credit term will be automatically selected by the system? I observed that the system prioritized the credit term from Sales Order 01 instead of the customer's default credit term. Is this correct?

Regards/Prasad

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Prasadug Hi!  i am not sure if you got an answer but i tested this out in my local environment and noticed the same behavior that you listed above.  according to the help topic, it does not clearly state the terms default from the customer profile just what was used in relations with the customer. 

i tested two scenarios both with the same outcome where order 1 becomes the default terms:

scenario 1: Updated default terms to a shorter window (i.e. net 30 to DUR)

scenario 2: updated default terms to a longer window (i.e. net 30 to net 60)

i suspect this is a timing thing on the backend and the system is looking at the oldest SO and populating the defaults to that order vs. the default on the customer profile.

just out of curiosity, how often do the default terms change?