Solved

Commission Calendar Update

• 3 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, I have just started exploring commissions in ACU. As a first step I wanted to clear out all prior period commission calculation since you cannot calculate when past periods are open. I have noticed that my commissions calendar does not extend to current periods and ends in a prior fiscal year. I looking to understand how to extend the calendar to current periods and beyond?

icon

Best answer by Aschneid 21 March 2024, 13:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

No one using Commissions?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @byates were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2

I’m having the same problem.  The system is telling me the previous commission periods need to be closed but there does not seem to be a way to close them.  We are just implementing commissions in the 4th quarter.  I closed the financial periods but that didn’t help.

How can the previous commission periods be closed if they were not even used?

Userlevel 2

I had the same issue. I opened a ticket with the ACU support team and received the following response. This is a very slow and tedious solution to perform manually, It may be worth creating an import scenario. If I end of going this route I will share it. Attached screenshots for the steps below.

The periods mentioned in the solution below are specific to my instance. In your case, start with the oldest period in the the prepared status and work forward. 

Credit to ACU support team for the solution. 

Below are the steps you will need to follow.

1. You will need to start closing periods from 01-2019 using the Close Commission Period form as shown on the screenshot below. You should be able to close periods up to 05-2019.

2. Once 05-2019 is closed you can Calculate Commissions for 06-2019 as shown on the screenshot below. This will change the status to Prepared for period 06-2019.

3. Open the Close Commission form and proceed with closing 06-2019.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for subsequent periods.

I noticed that sometimes the Calculate Commission screen does not show the period correctly. If refreshing the screen does not help you can try to log out and log back in to resolve the issue. This seems to be a minor glitch and happens when you are closing multiple periods. Normally you would close one period so this issue will not affect you going forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community @Aschneid!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved