Solved

Change on Currency Decimal Precision

• 13 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I understand that it’s suggested to not changing the decimal precision of a currency once transaction created and released. But, I just like to know what the problem exactly is. 

There are indeed transactions have been made on the currency (this is not base currency setup in the system) but most of them are having two decimal places on the amount, only one AR invoice has 3 dps. If this invoice is reversed and the decimal precision is changed from 4 to 2. What might be the impact?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 December 2022, 10:57

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @kristianharianja 

I suggest copying your tenant, changing the decimals on the currency, and then entering test transactions of every kind in the test tenant so you can understand the impact on your exact situation, your exact data. 

After the one AR invoice with 3 decimals is reversed, you will have 2 documents with too many digits instead of one. Perhaps if these documents are not printed or opened on the screen, your system will function without error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kristianharianja 

As @laura01  stated, you should test it in a sandbox or test tenant first. 

With regards to functionality, it’s going to change the rounding of the document and that may impact customer payments. Payments could come in over or under and that requires extra work then to write off those balances, no matter how small. I have seen this become an issue before so therefore testing is the best route to take. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved