Skip to main content

Using an ARM report, is it possible to create a Cash Flow Statement with a column for the period and a column for YTD?

Yes, you can add columns to the Cash Flow Statement. 

@LauraWyckoff I know you can add a column in general. I’m wondering if one column can reflect the net change for the period and the other for the year. Since Cash Flow uses the turnover amount, I wasn’t sure if this is possible.

Hi @kristybrooks83 

You can create multiple columns for example 12 months as follows.

Best Regards,

NNT

@nhatnghetinh I understand how to do this for P&L and Balance Sheet formats. I just can’t figure it out for the Cash Flow. Basically, I want these two columns of data side by side.

Since the report uses Turnover, I need the Offset Start Period to change when the End Period changes.

Hello,

Your report will need to contain 12 columns of Turnover; or 13 depending on the number of fiscal periods in your year.

Your report will need to contain 12 TOTAL columns, or 13 depending on the number of fiscal periods in your year.  Each total column is CalcType with Values like this:

Period 1 Total: =B

Period 2 Total = B+C

Period 3 Total = B+C+D

Etc.

Each column of figures needs a Visibility formula, to hide/show proper columns in response to the user’s Parameter selections. 

Here are some formula examples that can be used to build a flexible report that will work great no matter what period or year is selected by the users:

Column Header formula
Visible Formula

The following example is from a Quarterly report where one or more quarters is shown based on the User’s choices:

Example formula for the TOTAL columns of your report

I hope these examples help you.

Laura

following for the tips.

Can someone help me understand how to get Net Income to show up? 

Hello @kgriffin ,

To Show Net Income, add the Net Income account number or its Account Class into your Cash Flow Row Set.

Chart of Accounts:

If Net Income is set up as shown above and not printing:

1. Is Net Income $0 for the Period that is being printed?
  2. If $0 rows are hidden, unhide them by un-checking suppress Empty/Hide $0.
  3. Check for Restriction Groups that could hide individual accounts from your User ID. If restriction groups are hiding Net Income, uncheck Apply Restriction Groups in the Report Definition on Cash Flow report:

Laura