Solved

Budget values default to Actuals when I add Unit Set to Report Definitions

• 19 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

When I run our budget to actuals income statement without the unit set, it runs properly with correct values.

However, once I add the ‘Companies’ unit set, the budget values default back to actuals.

Assume I have not set up the Unit Set correctly, but haven’t been able to resolve. Here is the Unit Set:

I thought I could just remove the ‘Actual’ from Data Source in above screenshot - but this seems to change the Actual values on the Row Set as well which I don’t understand.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 20 June 2023, 01:00

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello @jwarren ,

Ledger may be added to a report using Data Source screen in the Row Set, Column Set, Unit Set, or Report Definition. Based on your description of your problem, it seems like the Data Source may be defined in both the Column Set and again in the Unit Set and the settings may be different, conflicting with each other.

1. Make a copy of your Unit Set, in case it is used successfully in other reports.
  2. In the new copy of your Unit Set, remove the Ledger from all 3 levels of your Unit Set: from All, DIST, and from MANU:
  3. Leave Ledger blank on Row Set’s Data Source.

4. Leave Ledger blank on Report Definitions screen.

6. Connect the revised Unit Set from step 2 to your Report Definition and verify if the problem is solved.

Ledger does not typically need to be on the Unit Set or the Row Set but is normally added to the Column Set for a report that is showing Actual versus Budget in separate columns. Good luck!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved