Solved

Batch Payment Check Description Field

• 23 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

My accounting team is curious where the Check Description on Batch Payments comes from.

Some checks will have a generic ‘Payment for ‘VendorID’’.

Others will have an actual description (seems to happen if there’s only one bill with that description on the check).

Still others will be completely blank.

Ideally, they would like every description to be ‘Payment for ‘VendorName’’, but until I can find how that description is being set up in the first place, I’m not sure what to do.

Does anyone have an idea where how the check description on Batch Payments is being populated?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 23 October 2023, 15:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @tburnett 

It comes from the Description on the Checks and Payments screen, if there is a header description

Apologies, I should have said I was aware it’s on the Check and Payments screen and that it carries over, but how does THAT auto populate? We are not entering that description. The system is doing it itself. Also, not all checks have it. It seems to be random.

Since we are creating batch payments, we are not manually creating individual checks or entering a description. But it still shows up, and only sometimes.

Badge +18

Hello @tburnett ,

You are exactly correct in your original post:  The Checks take on the Bill description if there is only one document paid by the Check.  The Checks use a generic “Payment for...” when the check pays multiple documents.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved