Solved

Bank Feeds : Bank Transaction Rules Wildcards

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello Team,

We are trying to setup one Bank Rule that will cover restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway, Burger King etc).

However, we have been testing it, and it looks like we cannot add more than one single word when either implementing a Wildcard or a Match Case.

On my screenshot below, I am trying to create a rule that will cover both Netflix and McDonald’s. The wildcard works for Netflix, as the transaction gets matched. However, the moment I add  “ , McDo* ” the rule breaks and does not end up matching Netflix at all.

Has anyone tried implementing this kind of rule? Does anyone know if it is possible? Just trying to get it to work like QuickBooks as they offer a “keyword” section for their rules.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 31 August 2022, 15:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jvaliente51 

Just a thought here, what happens when you put a ? at the end versus the *? Did you test it that way?

Everything else I saw seemed that it only worked with one character though. 

Hello @kbeatty21 ,

I believe the “?” character only works for single alpha characters. For example B?LL finds Bell, Ball, Bill and Bull.

By any chance, do you know if Bank Feeds is capable of having a rule that can match 1 or more transactions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jvaliente51 

You are correct about the ?, it slipped my mind. 

Are you currently using Bank Feeds? I have not done a great deal with bank feeds, however, here is some of the settings you can do for it. You can setup the match rules for the Corporate Credit Cards. 

Here is also some help for the explanation:

I also found this video that might be a good watch for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3OVBX9-is

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved