Question

AR Payments with Cash Discounts Past Credit Terms

• 6 November 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

We are figuring out a process to apply payments and discounts to invoices. ACM has been processing orders and invoicing them since the beginning of the year. The company financial operation has not be used (long story) but been an ordering processing system.

First, we decided to manually apply payments to the invoices in ACM.  I tested the process with payments and adding a cash discount to the invoice.  The customer makes a payment less the discount.  The problem is that credit terms (in past) were not set-up correctly or we are over the period so I get the below error when applying the discount.  The message “The amount entered exceeds the remaining cash discount balance 0”.  I know this is related to the credit terms on the invoice.

You have any ideas. The only thing that I could think of was to enter the paid amount and then do a credit for the discount with a GL on the customer account but that would leave a balance on the invoices.  Or another way would be to pay the invoice in full and then do GL transaction credit to the account.

I appreciate any recommendations or ideas on working around this issue.

Thank you.

Evan

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved