Skip to main content
Question

AR Aging Report: Sort by Customer Name vs Customer ID

• 11 July 2024
  • 4 replies

How should we set up the Group/Sort Section to sort the report by Customer Account Name vs BAccountID?

I went into the Build Schema, Looked at Sorting and Grouping, and tried to change the groupCustomer to CustomerMaster.AcctName Ascending vs CustomerMaster.BAccountID but I get the wonderful “We’re Sorry!” error...

Edition: Construction

Version: 2022R2

Thank you for your help in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In order to use a field in sorting, you also need to use it in the report groupings.

I would find the group on the report that currently groups by BaccountID and add the AcctName field above that field in the grouping field selections. You can then add that same AcctName field to the sorting and it should display as needed. In Report Designer, the Groups and Sorting options are found on the right-hand context menu, under the “Data” section.

Hi,  

I tried that and doesn’t work either.

Its seems like a simple thing to do, sort by account name vs Customer ID, but its turning out to be quite the challenge to get it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

What does the error message tell you when you select “Show Trace”? That would likely be useful information as to the specifics of the error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @SethB were you able to find a solution? Thank you!