Solved

AP Vendor data for D/B/A field

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

When setting up a 1099 Vendor where do I put the D/B/A info to correctly print on a 1099 form?

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 February 2023, 12:05

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello Angela,

I think it’s the main address on the General tab of the Vendor profile.  To confirm, recommend that you make a quick test by changing up the address for one vendor and printing their 1099 to the screen. For example, change address 2 Line on the General tab of the Vendor profile to contain “From General tab”,  then add “From the Payment tab” to address line 2 on the Payment tab.  View the 1099 on-screen. If you don’t see “From General tab” or “From the Payment tab”, then report back and let us know.

Thank you.

Laura

Laura,

I’m setting up a new vendor that has a d/b/a; and I do not see these fields you are speaking of--is this a field in the 1099 process, is that why I am not seeing it because it’s not in the vendor screen itself?

Karen Gantz

In version 2021 R2 we use the Address Line 1 on the Vendor profile to hold the DBA like this:

Vendor Profile

The 1099 NEC looks like this:

1099-NEC Form

It isn’t perfect, but it has worked for us for several years.

Badge +18

@KGantz ,

Hello Karen, I hope you are doing well. 😉

Here is a screen shot of the Vendor’s General Tab:

General tab of Vendor Screen

Here is the address on the Payment Tab of the Vendor Profile screen:

I suggested filling in the DBA Name (or identifying test like “This printed from the Payment tab” in one or more of the above fields and then test-printing a 1099.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved