Solved

AP bill attachment and Space usage concern

• 20 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi group ! ,
I am almos a new Acumatica End user( and not a VAR). I asked this question without having a clear answer(var).

We did our GoLive on Acumatica 7 months ago now and it is going well. We haven't asked users too much to archive all PDF documents in the forms, at least for the beginning.

For the moment, we are attaching the PDFs of the important AP bills, let say ± 10% of them, but not all without exception. I would like us to do phase 2, which would be to archive all AP bills in PDF without exception. However I am always concerned about space usage.

• What will happen when we bounce the max space?
  • When it will arive, Should we export/delete somes files?
    • If I need to export/delete files, Is the choice of file to delete will be easy & convenient? (Eg: sorting by date, document type)?
  • Or the solution is to take a bigger package with acumatica, and so on when we will bounce again...

I'm wondering if there are many of you who upload PDF invoices to all AP invoices or if we are the only ones who think about doing so.

I would like to move forward with this, but I fear the database will become too large.

For the moment, we have 6 months of existence with this tenant and it looks like this(We have SAAS with Acumatica):

Actual space usage after 6 month

I know there are external storage(s3) packages, but there doesn't seem to be much information.
Do you have any good advice? facts experienced? 
I find it hard to see myself in a digital transformation process telling users to put PDFs outside of the ERP, or worse to keep them on paper.
This would help me in my process

Furthermore, do many of you use the "Incoming Document" for AP bills. Do you have good result with this form? I am thinking of introducing it into our processes.
THANKS!

icon

Best answer by MayomiRodrigo36 29 December 2023, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @raphrf 

Here are answers to some of your questions.

• What will happen when we bounce the max space? - Then you will not be able to perform actions like creating new tenants and so which need database space
  •  When it will arrive, Should we export/delete some files? - you can either delete documents or purchase more space
    • If I need to export/delete files, Is the choice of file to delete will be easy & convenient? (Eg: sorting by date, document type)? -  it is pretty straight forward, You need to create a support case specifying what you need to delete
  • Or the solution is to take a bigger package with acumatica, and so on when we will bounce again… - This is also an option

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved