Question

Allocation of Expenses based upon Sales Order count in Branches

• 26 March 2024
  • 2 replies

We have 1 tenant, 2 branches.  All expenses get recorded in 1 branch.  I would like to allocate certain warehouse and fixed costs to both branches based upon completed Sales Orders every month.  

I am looking at the help allocation screen & allocation method and not sure how to get this set up.

Does anyone know the way to set this up or if this is even possible to allocate expenses that way?

2 replies

not sure how to remove the question.. but I found out that if I create a statistical account for the # of SO each month, then the allocation of the GL expense account can be based upon that .

Badge +18

Hello,

I understand you’d like to Allocate certain costs across two branches based on 3 of Completed Sales Orders.

How are you calculating the Qty/Count of completed sales orders per Branch, to be used as the basis for your Allocation each month? I expect you have a report or GI that calculates these figures.

One way to Allocate expenses based on Qty of completed Sales orders is to post the Quantity  into an account that holds these “Statistical” values for use in calculations. (The statistical ledger & account’s quantity balances would not be included in Financial reporting.)

Here is an example from Acumatica Demo (Example is using Headcount - use your imagination to think about Sales Order Quantity being stored in the Statistical ledger):

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved