Question

ACU Payment application

• 27 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Balance left open on AR aging.   I have the below payments still showing available to apply to open invoices.  But when I click on the payment is has already been applied.  How do I clear this out in ACU 

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Is it possible the Payment has been applied to an invoice but the application is not released?

Unreleased Payment applications can be seen on the Payments & Applications screen (filter on Status).

Payment Status may also be viewed directly on the Invoices that were paid by the above payments.

If the payment applications are released, what date/post period was used in the application?

Laura

Userlevel 1

I just double checked everything was posted and applied in 2022 and all are marked as closed.   Now the post periods are 2 different, the original payment came in on 04.2022...we were instructed to apply the credit amount on 08.2022

Badge +18

Hello,

Acumatica has multiple AR Aging reports. I am wondering whether the above payments show open on Aged AR Period Sensitive Report?

Also, let’s rule out whether customizations to the AR Aging report could be causing closed documents to appear. Users in the Report Designer role can see the Report Versions tab. If you see anything on the Report Versions tab, un-select “Active” to temporarily disable custom versions of the report. Please let us know if the report has different results with any custom report versions temporarily disabled.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I just double checked everything was posted and applied in 2022 and all are marked as closed.   Now the post periods are 2 different, the original payment came in on 04.2022...we were instructed to apply the credit amount on 08.2022

Hi @tdunewood,

Can you please send some screenshots of a payment (that appear in the above aging report) where we can see the application period of the document? 

Example;

The application period on the below credit memo appears as 01-2021. Therefore, the system shows the documents as unapplied to each other until the end of period 01-2021, and if you run the AR Aged report for period 02/2021, the documents do not appear. 

Badge +18

Hello @tdunewood ,

In addition to @NuwanTharanga62 ‘s excellent suggestion to show us in what period the documents were applied to each other,

The AR Aging report does not offer a Parameter for Financial Period and is not period sensitive (does not necessarily match the GL).

I suggest using the Aged AR Period Sensitive Report instead of AR Aging, to determine correct aging report by financial period.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Below are both reports

AR Aging

AR Time Sensitive, the payments are not showing here for 2023

Userlevel 1

the 3 invoices showing open are all supposed to be attached to payments

Userlevel 1

And they still show open in ACU

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @tdunewood were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved