Solved

Time Activities Approvals for Projects and Appointments

• 30 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

In the Employee Time Activities Screen, we have both Projects and Appointment Numbers in there. However, when we get to the Approve Time Activities Screen, the Release Time Activities Screen, and the Approve Time Activities Summary Screen, there is no concept of Appointments on that screen. Where does time on a Service Order/Appointment get approved? Should it not be summarized with all hours of a respective employee? We would need to see all hours for a respective employee in one spot for approval so as to know if their total hours are eligible for OT or anything else special.

icon

Best answer by Olesia Alpeeva 30 October 2020, 14:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

We had to use Time Cards because of this limitation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi,

Here is the documentation link which elaborates existing Appointment workflow. Approval has not been part of the flow yet.

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5dad2a6f-26d8-482a-8d86-d041c183d49c

You may post a feature request on our Product idea page (https://community.acumatica.com/ideas) to help us evaluate this requirement and see if appointment workflow can be expanded further.  

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Appointments create time activity which can be later approved. There are two options how you can do it: 

• if your Appointment is associated with a Project and Project Task where the Approver is assigned, you can approve them on the  Approve Time Activities (EP507010). Time activities contain the appointment number
  • if you don’t use Projects, you can start using Employee Time Cards where all time activities of the certain employee will be summed up and you will be able to see total time per day and per week.

I believe the second option better corresponds to your business needs.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Appointments create time activity which can be later approved. There are two options how you can do it: 

• if your Appointment is associated with a Project and Project Task where the Approver is assigned, you can approve them on the  Approve Time Activities (EP507010). Time activities contain the appointment number
  • if you don’t use Projects, you can start using Employee Time Cards where all time activities of the certain employee will be summed up and you will be able to see total time per day and per week.

I believe the second option better corresponds to your business needs.

Olesia, this is very helpful. I assume that the appointment comes from a Field Service Order, and that a project needs to be set up since quite a lot of work has to be done at the client’s side. This is the case when a contractor installs solar panels, plumbing in a house, electrical wiring in a building, air conditioning and heating in a house. These projects are not construction jobs. They don’t need revenue recognition and revenue retainage, and commitment dates. They call these projects Field Service Projects: https://www.intercs.com/field-service-projects 

Am I correct with my above statement? Please let me know. 

I have a lot of Field Service prospects which fit my above statement. Also, I have not seen yet ERP competitors that combine project accounting and Field Service. This way Acumatica has a clear sales advantage, which we need desperately.  Toon Six, ToonSix@intercs.com

Userlevel 3
Badge

These projects are not construction jobs. They don’t need revenue recognition and revenue retainage, and commitment dates. They call these projects Field Service Projects: https://www.intercs.com/field-service-projects 

Am I correct with my above statement? Please let me know. 

I have a lot of Field Service prospects which fit my above statement. Also, I have not seen yet ERP competitors that combine project accounting and Field Service. This way Acumatica has a clear sales advantage, which we need desperately.  Toon Six, ToonSix@intercs.com

In the case described above by Projects I meant the entity that is also used for construction jobs. This is not necessary to enable, Acumatica has Field Service module that allows to work with the service contracts and to track time originating from service orders and appointments. If contractor installs solar panels, plumbing in a house, electrical wiring in a building they can perform this work in the scope of a service order. If this is recurring work  it can be scheduled through the service contracts.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved