Skip to main content

Before I submit a support ticket, I wanted to see if the community has this answer already… 

I have two almost identical Service Contracts created, both Active and invoiced. 

In the Service Order, when I select the first contract that I created (0063) or don’t select a contract at all, the Target Equipment appears for selection in the details properly (see first screenshot). 

I have another Service Contract (0068) that I created, but when I select this in the Service Order, the Target Equipment disappears from selection.

I have absolutely no idea why this is the case. Has anybody encountered this or know why this is happening? Can there not be 2 service contracts active at the same time? This seems to be a bug to me… 

I have determined that the issue is because the Billing Customer is different from the Service Order (ship-to) customer. 

Even if there is no Service Contract specified, the Billing Customer being different means that the Target Equipment is no longer available for search. 

When the Billing Customer and Service Order customer are the same, the Target Equipment if available for selection, regardless of whether there is a Service Contract specified. 

Can someone validate that this is by design or potentially a bug? I will either need to customize or submit a support ticket if this is the case. 

Not sure how companies can service equipment at a client site but bill a third-party if this is the current functionality.