Solved

Target equipment, import scenario

• 9 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anymore tried to create an import scenario for equipment?

Is it doable?

Thank you!

Monika

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 9 December 2022, 17:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mstuber64  Yes. It is doable. I have just created a sample scenario and tested and it is working as expected. 

Please find the import scenario mapping below for reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @mstuber64 

Here is one you can use and build off:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen Boga 

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 

Thank you!

I know this was posted a couple months ago but we were also having a problem trying to import equipment but through the services module not through the organization module. So for those of you that stumble over this post here is what we did: 

The key was that the owner type had the commit flag checked. Marking it commit is the same as selecting it when doing it directly on the form. In the case of owner type the commit box allowed it to show the customer selector. Oddly location type didn’t need the same behavior but probably due to the selector fields already being present.

The other part is if you have an auto incrementing ID you need to have that field in your import and it needs to be an ID not already used. If you are creating a new record as the import needs a unique field to know what to commit. You can use a number much larger than the next number (i.e. SME90001 when the next number is SME00120). The import will use the next number in line. 

For all of the other fields like manufacture, sales date, etc.. feel free to add them as normal. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved