Solved

ServiceOrder Billing - Bill Actual Amount From Appointment

• 28 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, 

I have a created a service order billing cycle:

• Run Billing for: Service Orders
  • Group Billing Documents by: Service Orders

In an appointment I have a service item with an estimate of 4 hours but the actual qty is 6 hours. After closing the appointment the item is transferred to service order for billing.

However instead of the actual amount of 6 hours the only 4 hours are billed when running billing. 

If I change the billing cycle to: 

• Run Billing for: Appointments
  • Group Billing Documents by: Service Orders

now billing is moved to the appointment which will create multiple invoices which isn’t what we want. 

Changing the billing cycle: 

• Run Billing for: Service Orders
  • Group Billing Documents by: Appointment

is not permitted by the system. 

Is there a way to to make service orders bill the actual amounts and qtys from the appointments? Or am I missing something why this isn’t supposed to work? 

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nbnex 

We have noticed the same issue and had to write a customization to get around it.  I’d recommend starting a support case with Acumatica to report the bug.  I’d also advise entering a Product Idea/Suggestion that they fix it.

Best,

David

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @nbnex 

We have noticed the same issue and had to write a customization to get around it.  I’d recommend starting a support case with Acumatica to report the bug.  I’d also advise entering a Product Idea/Suggestion that they fix it.

Best,

David

Hey David,

Can you explain a little about your customization?   I have customers requesting the same thing but don’t really know the best angle to approach this from.  I don’t think Acumatica sees this as a bug btw.   From what I can tell from the Help Documents this behaviour is by design.  It just doesn’t work for most of the service organizations I support to bill the customer up front based on an estimate.