Solved

Service Order Contact Question

• 10 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Perhaps this should be under “Idea” since I want to do something that I don’t think is possible at the moment. However, I thought I would ask first. 

Under service order type options, I can choose: “Take address and contact information from: 1. Business Account, 2. Contact, or 3. Branch Location. 

I would like the contact information (phone and email) to be pulled from the contact, but I want the service location address to be pulled from the business account. Is this possible? 

Here is why: In the case of multiple customer locations and multiple contacts, one contact may be linked to multiple locations and one location might be linked to multiple contacts. So, if I choose “Take address and contact information from Business Account”, it takes manual manipulation of the contact information on the specific customer location in order to get the correct information on the service order. If I choose “Take address and contact information from Contact”, it takes manual manipulation of the address on the contact screen.

In my thinking, I should be able to set up the contact information once, the location information once, and then, once I’m in the service order, choose the location in the dropdown in the header, choose the contact in the dropdown under the settings tab and have the right information show up in the service order and subsequent appointments. 

Is there any way to get this result currently?

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 11 July 2023, 12:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @reyortdor 
Here is the idea to support this 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved