Solved

Link Cases to Target Equipment

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone found a way to link cases to target equipment?

Use case is: 

• We sell/install a serialized item at a customer and it becomes a piece of target equipment. 
  • The customer contacts us with a question/problem on that specific piece of equipment.  
  • It is important to be able to track case history for each serial number (aka equipment record).

Maybe this is there and I’m just missing it.

Thanks for any unput.

Andy

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 4 May 2022, 14:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Andy Smith 

The only way I have found to do so is to use Attributes. You can have an Attribute be named Equipment. 

There’s no real linking unless you have an existing case for that Equipment.

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI @Andy Smith 

The only way I have found to do so is to use Attributes. You can have an Attribute be named Equipment. 

There’s no real linking unless you have an existing case for that Equipment.

Thank you @kbeatty21 .  I want to make sure I’m clear on “unless you have an existing case for that Equipment”   What does that look like?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Andy Smith 

You can also create a new case and link them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I want to make sure I understand.

If a customer owns the Service/Equipment modules AND the Support module, are you saying that you cannot identify a sold piece of equipment in a service case unless you add it as an attribute?

That is the main reason one of my customers just purchased the Service/Equipment modules and we were led to believe that it’s possible to tie them together with Support.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@donnadeskins55 - Have you tried setting up a service order type for such inquiries?  When an inquiry is received, the support rep could open an appointment instead of a case and link at least one detail line to the target equipment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the suggestion @gdow23, but for this customer, their customers create their own cases through the customer portal.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved