Solved

Import Scenario for Closed Historical Service Orders

• 8 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Folks,

Been working on this one for a bit.  I can import historical service orders with detail line items, but cannot get them to close.  Any ideas?  Is anyone else doing this? I also attempted to Close them with a different import scenario but did not have any luck.   I will post more if needed.  I am hoping someone has already figured this one out.

icon

Best answer by jaymarzian 13 March 2024, 23:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Folks,

Been working on this one for a bit.  I can import historical service orders with detail line items, but cannot get them to close.  Any ideas?  Is anyone else doing this? I also attempted to Close them with a different import scenario but did not have any luck.   I will post more if needed.  I am hoping someone has already figured this one out.

I figured this out, but not sure I want to record historical service orders this way, so you folks can disregard this one.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jaymarzian - Can you share the solution you came up with? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jaymarzian - Can you share the solution you came up with? Thank you!

Hey Chris,
I can give it a try.   

Part 1
Open Service Orders Import Scenario

I first had to figure out the Import Scenario for Open orders.  Attached is the Data Sheet I created to create my Data Provider. It refers to the External Reference Number as opposed to the actual Service order Nbr, So it is important that the import contains a External reference Nbr (Can be the work order number from the legacy system), and that the number is used on every line in the data sheet that represents Detail line items.  

Excel Data Sheet

Also attached is my Import Scenario.  It looks like this:

Import Service Orders Import Scenario

With this, I was able to create the Open Service Orders.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Part 2

Complete Line Items Import Scenario

Next, I had to find a way to complete the Detail line items in order to close the order. I used the same data sheet for this but created a different Import Scenario (attached).  It also refers to the External reference Number as opposed to the actual Service Order Nbr.  This is what that looked like.  

Complete Service Order Line Items Import Scenario

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @jaymarzian!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Part 3

Last but not least, I completed and closed the Service Orders using another Import Scenario (attached).

This one also uses the same data provider as above.  It also refers to the External Reference Number as opposed to the actual Service order Nbr to pull up the imported record,

Complete and Close Service Orders Import Scenario

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved