Solved

How can customers schedule appointments based on technician availability?

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Has anyone found a way to allow customers to schedule their own service tickets (or request for work) inside of Acumatica? I know they can create CRM cases and those cases can be used to create appointments. My client is specifically looking for a way to allow customers to select a day and a time for a technician to perform work. Those days/times are based upon open availability of technicians. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 1 December 2023, 18:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It might be possible to sync with Exchange to a shared Calendar and subsequently use the office meeting extension to allow the customer to select an available appointment.  This would most likely be handled through a customization.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @asmith50 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Chris Hackett Outside of a customization, no I have not found a solution. It would be neat to allow customers via a support case to schedule their own appointment's based on technician availability. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@asmith50 I recommend opening an Acumatica Product Idea at the link below:

https://community.acumatica.com/topic/new?type=idea

As an alternative please review the Exchange integration here, which might aid in creating a publicly available calendar that customer’s can review (limit to busy/free) and select an available timeslot.

https://help.acumatica.com/?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=8aeee3d3-3e8a-4ed1-82e7-10b92fb9a73b

Hope this helps!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved