Skip to main content
Solved

Generate Appointment from Service Order on Field Service

• 19 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

Case: we got a contract provide a maintenance service monthly in 1 years. 

I expect to have a service contract where we can add a service order Maintenance that recurring 12 appointments (1 service contract, 1 service order, 12 appointments belonging to 1 service order)

However, the way system working is 1 service contract, generate 12 service orders, and each service order corresponding with 1 appointment

Im not sure if this is the way system has been setup correctly.

Do you have any sugest to setup the service contract to run as my expectation?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Yên Chi

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @chidao You can have as many appoint as you want for each service order. the relation is not One-to-One.

HI @aaghaei, yes I understand but i have to manual create a new appointment by opening the service order, right?

Did the appointment can be generated based on 1 service order by the system? 

I expect the system can generate the recurring appointment based on 1 service order Maintenance. Therefore, I can manage the number of appointments has been schedule for the service Maintenance

with my current setup, the system generate the recurring service order based on 1 service contract. The issue is not significant, but it's causing problems for management. When we view reports it’s show 12 service orders. However, in reality, we just commit a service Maintenance with 12 visits scheduled throughout the contract term

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@chidao See the below snippet as an example. you can have unlimited appointments tied to a single service order. I do not know how you have configured your service module but no limitation is imposed on the number of appointments for each Service Order.

If it was supposed that each service order only have one appointment, there was no reason Acumatica create two different screens with all underlaying DACs and Business Logics. They would just create a service order screen with a few more fields or tabs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@chidao Hi! 

I understand the issue you have. So you would like that all the appointments created for the same service contract schedule are created under the same service order, am I correct?

Unfortunately, the system was not designed this way. When appointments are generated from a service contract schedule, each appointment will create a different service order. If you want to have only one service order, as a workaround, you may create only one service order from the schedule and manually create the 12 appointment from the service order (using the clone appointment functionality or using an import scenario). 

Find more information about cloning appointments in this help topic: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(110))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=e255ff39-ba14-408e-bfad-b77db14d1935

Although your input in very valuable and interesting. This will help us improve the functionailty of service contracts in the future. 

Great thanks to you all for your comments @aaghaei  @aaghaei .

I find the answer for my issue as cloning appointments and mark it as the answer.

Thank you somuch!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great, happy to see you found a solution. Cheers