Field Service Appointments: Simplify the Billing/Cost/Profit Information & Feed to Timecard

• 2 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I think that the Appointment Screen should be updated with better information for Billable/Costs/Profitability.

• The term Billable is used in many places in the Appointment Screen but is not consistent in its use.
  • The Details Tab has a billable field to mark if a line is to be billed to the customer.
  • The Log has a Billable Amount/Labor/Time but it’s left blank and should be ignored it if you track employees time to the Appointment.
  • The Profitability Tab has Billable Qty/Amount fields that stay blank even though you have cost on the Details Tab.
  • Even though the Profitability Tab shows negative profit for service lines we should just know to ignore it.
  • Lines that have no cost but a Billable amount show a Profit $ but a 0% Profit Percent.
  • The Header Profit information is pulling from the Detail Tab but how do we know that?

This is all confusing and I understand it can be explained but it should be simplified/renamed/noted so that users do not have to second guess where to look and what to ignore.

To piggyback on this, we have to manually check-mark our teams TimeCards as billable so that we can use the Billable Hours and Ratio information. That’s a basic metric for a Service Company and should feed automatically from the Appointments.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Abe,

We are using Field Service and have noticed what you mentioned, have you discovered any tricks? We find it near impossible to get an accurate profit picture by service order without a lot of manual manipulation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Abe,

We are using Field Service and have noticed what you mentioned, have you discovered any tricks? We find it near impossible to get an accurate profit picture by service order without a lot of manual manipulation.

Unfortunately not. I do believe that a profitability tab has been added to the Service Order since I posted this but we have not been able to see if there is any difference in how it works compared to the Appointment.

Userlevel 2

Good morning, While I have not done this yet - I have one trick we may use - IT would be very cumbersome - but you could use the translator.

You would have to Reassign values to the labels you want to replace on all applicable screens. But this should work. It wont change the back end logic, but should allow you to replace labels that's don't really work right for how you are using. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved