Solved

Field Service appointments minimum billing for 15 minutes

• 28 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I know there is not a way to bill an appointment for a minimum set time of 15 minutes. For example if a technician completes a job in 8 minutes, system should set a minimum to 15 minutes unless manual intervention is done. Is it something under future product enhancement consideration?

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 28 February 2023, 17:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @umeshramaswamy82 

You can handle the appointment manually

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Kandy,

I understand we can do it manually but my question is to automate the process. system will not automatically set time to a minimum of 15 minutes. 

Manual intervention is not ideal.

Regards,

Umesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @umeshramaswamy82 

I understand, currently on the Preferences, you can set the smallest time to be 10 minutes, however, you could suggest to Acumatica as a future idea to be able to set that based on a business need.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Kandy,

These settings are for appointment scheduling and not for appointment billing. Billing will be based on actuals time recorded by the system upon start and complete action on the appointment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Kandy,

These settings are for appointment scheduling and not for appointment billing. Billing will be based on actuals time recorded by the system upon start and complete action on the appointment.

Apologies, I was thinking appointment scheduling. 

I still think it’s worth suggesting though as not everyone bills on the 15 minutes. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sure. I will put a product idea suggestion. 

I have seen many customers who have requirement to bill on minimum 15 minutes on appointments.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @umeshramaswamy82 
Here is the idea to support minimum billing time on the field service 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Umesh,

There is an option under time & activity preferences to specify the minimum billable time.  i have not tested it out but you could see if this increases the time to 15 minutes for anything under 15 minutes:

Userlevel 5
Badge

Iqra,

This is for time and expense billing. Not applicable to Appointment side billings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@umeshramaswamy82 

Does staff utilize the mobile devices in the field? If yes, then might we a bit a work around, but can setup a non-stock item:

1. Minimum Charge (example) and enter an estimated duration of 15 min. 
  2. Displayed on the appointment. Then you can start the appointment and complete and bill it. 

3. The field service agent will choose the charge.

4. Of course, there is always a customization.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved