Solved

Editing Time Activities after it's been released?

• 5 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello! Our company is new to Acumatica and we are still working through some growing pains as we adjust to the new system. Is there a way to edit/adjust time records after they have been released? We had some employees apply their time to a Construction Project instead of a Service Order and it was not brought to our attention until after the time was released. It has not been pulled through to Payroll yet. 

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 6 July 2023, 11:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Gillian 

Have you tried to Correct the Time Card?

Updates the released time card and creates a new time card of the Correction type. The new time card has the On Hold status.
This command appears if the time card has the Released status.

Other than that, Released, you can not put it back on Hold or do anything else with it. 

Userlevel 2

@kandybeatty49 yes, I did try this. Since they are Time Activities it doesn’t make a Time Card… I guess I should have also mentioned we use a third party to clock in for our Construction Projects so those come through as Time Activities as well instead of them entering them directly as Time Cards… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Gillian 

Since that is the way they are coming in and if they are coming into Acumatica as Released, they you may not be able to adjust them. 

Do you have to approve them?

Userlevel 2

@kandybeatty49

They come in as Completed, and then we release them. So I selected it to be released prior to knowing there was an issue… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Gillian 
The way to do a correction on a released time activity will be to add a new employee time activity with the difference, this could mean adding a negative time activity.
In your example it seems these are the steps you will need to follow

• If for example the employee entered a time activity with 2 hours on a project, first, on the employee time activities form, add a new line with -2 hours associated to the project
  • If you want the new line to be associated to an appointment, then go to the appointment add the new line on the Log tab and change log line status to completed 
  • If the new line does not have to be associated to the appointment, then you can add the new line directly on the Employee Time Activities form

Hope this answers the question

Userlevel 2

@Anacarina Calvo 

Thank you for the response! This is what I ended up doing! It did give me an error when I pulled it into the payroll batch, so i removed the lines that washed each other out. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved