Solved

Add a Charge with a Negative Unit Price (Discount or Refund) to a Service Appointment

• 29 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We would like the ability to use a Non-Stock Item classified as a Charge to list a negative unit price amount on an appointment. We do it to give a discount on the invoice or give a simple refund. It worked before, but since Acumatica updated, we can no longer do it. Here’s an example:

There is no inventory involved.

This is what we would like to do: (Put a negative amount).

This works until we want to run billing. Here is the error message:

Last week this was working fine, but some type of update happened, and it no longer works.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 29 August 2023, 17:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @bzelinski 

What version of Acumatica are you on? I tested on 23R1, build 23.102.0042 and it works

I would suggest reaching out to support. This may not be a known issue yet with your upgrade. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49 ,

Thanks for your response. We have the 23R1 as well. It works for me to add it on the appointment as well, but the error message comes up when we try to run billing. Are you able to run billing with the negative amount?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @bzelinski 

It did allow me to run billing. It created a credit memo though. However, you can see it allowed. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank @kandybeatty49. If I can’t solve it, I’ll try to reach out to support as you suggested. It’s probably a checkbox that needs to be selected somewhere. :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Were you able to get this resolved? We now have the same issue after our upgrade to 23R1 build 23.106.0050.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kenddb 

No, Acumatica has not resolved this issue. Here was the last response that they gave me:

Honestly, this workaround does not solve the problem for us, as then stock items cannot be on the appointment.

Hello @kenddb and @bzelinski ,

We had the same problem after upgrading to 23R1 and have found a workaround that you might find useful since it allows billing with stock items, although it’s not ideal 

We use the following steps:

1. Print or email a final copy of the service order with negative unit price
  2. Change negative unit price to $0 and save, with a note on the line description of what the negative price should be.
  3. Invoice using Quick Process with all options checked EXCEPT for ‘Release Invoice’ 
  4. Open the balanced invoice, change the price back to a negative amount, remove line description note added in step 2 and release the invoice

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks, @tschneider40.

Yes, We have been doing a similar thing until Acumatica gets this problem solved. It is an open case with them, and they are planning to have it solved in the next update. We are just adding the negative line on the invoice, but your way of doing it is great, and creative. At least the line is there on the appointment. Thanks! :-)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved