Skip to main content
Solved

Select a different email account besides Default for email templates

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Hoping this is an easy one, I am trying to set/change the “From” to something other than Default on templates.  When I hit the magnifying glass, the only option is Default.  Is there something I need to change to allow the selection of another email account?  I have created email accounts for all users as well and still only get Default as an option.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On the email accounts tab - Are these other accounts “Standard” or an “OAuth2.0” accounts?

• Is the “Personal Account for” field filled out?  (newer field as of 23R2)?  If so, other users will not be able to select it.
  • Is the “Active” checkbox selected?
  • Are all the outgoing email settings configured and have you tested to ensure it’s working?

If the “From” address on the email template is empty, the system will use the default email address… but if the employee has set their own default address on their user profile, that will be used instead for new emails.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Standard and active for all users.  We are able to send emails without issue. We just want to modify a template to not use default and use a different “From”

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If it’s a personal account (where you’ve redacted the name), you won’t be able to select it for a template.  Only that user can select it.

The personal email account feature came out in 23R2.  See the release notes here: https://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/23.2/ReleaseNotes/AcumaticaERP_2023R2_ReleaseNotes.pdf.  The info you’re looking for starts on page 30, but on page 35, here’s the bit that looks relevant to your case.

“The system restricts the usage of personal email accounts in the system-wide preference settings and in emails that are created and sent automatically.”

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you!!!  Made a new email and didn’t set it to a personal user and it shows up.