Solved

How to Edit My Orders Generic Inquiry- Customer Portal

• 30 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am trying to edit the Generic Inquiry on the Customer Portal called My Orders and My Documents ( when you are logged in as a customer) I can not find what the name of the GI is. Does anyone know how I can find the name of the GI’s that are used on the customer portal?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 16 January 2023, 18:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@kandybeatty49 

Have you tried granting the Customizer Role to a test Customer and lookup the GI properties?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @aaghaei 

Not yet, that was my next step, I just wasn’t sure if anyone had any experience with it first. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @aaghaei 

Just wanted to follow up here, to edit the GI’s on the customer portal, you can not simply give customizer role. It needs to be done with the customization package. 

Thank you for the suggestion though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @kandybeatty49 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kandybeatty49 ,

I was reading this thread and just wanted to add…

I think the reason that you need a customization package to change these portal screens is because they are defined in the Acumatica base code rather than as GIs.  There are also certain Inquiry screens in the standard Acumatica instance (not the portal) that are defined in this way, for example the Customer Summary screen.  I do wish that all Inquiry screens were GIs - it’s so convenient to be able to adjust them without a customization😊.

Can someone point me to where on the customization project can I add filters? I am trying to filter the open cases screen in my customer portal.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved