Solved

How to combine multiple records in a business event notification?

• 29 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

We have a business event that needs to send out email notifications when an inventory item reaches a certain age. The email should have all the items listed together - as opposed to sending out multiple emails. 

I currently have this business event set up:

Business Event

Fields to Track
Email Subscription

As of now, if more than one row is inserted, it only adds one out of the two items to the email subscription. I’ve even tried adding multiple datafields to the table (as shown below) but it does not work. 

The expected Result should be something like this:

Expected Result

How can I achieve this? I appreciate any help or advice you can offer, thank you!

@Naveen Boga@lauraj46@darylbowman@kandybeatty49 - any ideas on how I can achieve this? thank you in advance! 

icon

Best answer by stephenbologna39 29 September 2023, 20:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kanupindi 

I’m not sure if there’s an easier way to do this, but here is how I have accomplished this in the past.

Once you create your table in the Email Template, display the message body in HTML.  Look for the tr tag for the row that will hold your data records and add ‘data-foreach-view=""’:

From what I can tell, this will make Acumatica loop through all the records passed to the Email Template and generate table rows for each one:

I don’t know if there’s a way to do this that does not involve manually editing HTML, but this works.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @stephenbologna39 , thank you!! I will test this out and let you know! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved