Skip to main content
Solved

How to bypass the need of an expense accrual account for non-stock items in bill of material

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

My company is wanting to add a non-stock item/expense, in our case Lab Testing Cost, to the Bill of Materials for all our items we have tested, so the cost of the testing is applied to each lot of an item. 

We plan on then entering a Purchase Order for the Lab Testing expense and then “receiving” it in order to create an AP Bill to attach a payment to. 

My problem is Acumatica is asking for an Expense Accrual Account for the Lab Testing Cost, which I don’t think I need because we are entering the Purchase Order instead of an Invoice. 

Is there a way to not need the Expense Accrual Account? 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ddickerson  - 

I don’t think the effort involved in trying to disable the validation/required account is going to be worth the effort of disabling it.

My advice would be to make an account/subaccount with a logical name for the chart of accounts and assign it for any default accounts the system requires.  Even if you don’t intend to use the full functionality 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @ddickerson 

I’d say it’s definitely possible to do it via customization.

However, I’m not sure right now how safe it is - maybe additional safeguards will be required, or I’m too cautious and it all be fine. I’d need to put this idea under bigger scrutiny to be certain.

So, I think there’s a way to do it programmatically, but if the amount of work required for that is worth it - that’s up to you.