Solved

How Can I Grant Access to Users to Select a Custom Week on Their Time Card?

• 7 April 2023
  • 1 reply

As an admin, I have the ability to select the week when creating a time card. But other access roles cannot select the week, it is grayed out. I have already created my custom weeks in the Time and Expenses Preferences, I just need employees to be able to select their weeks in each time card they create. Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 9 April 2023, 06:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi There,

Generally, users can only select the week on the employee’s very first time card.  Then each time card created after that will be for the next successive time card week in your calendar.  It is not possible to pick an earlier week than the very first time card or “skip” weeks with the standard configuration (either with standard weeks or custom weeks).  If you’ve got a developer, it is possible to remove the restriction about skipping weeks and allowing users to pick non-successive weeks.  We did it for one customer and it created more problems than expected and I wouldn’t advise it.  We ended up having to put in quite a few other customizations to prevent people from picking weeks too far in the future or in the past.  

If the users are unable to pick the time card on their very first time card, then it may be an issue around user access (i.e. access to that field has been specifically restricted). 

Megan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved