Question

Daily cycle counting setup

• 26 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Our use case: we house 5k+ products in our warehouse and need to perform daily cycle counting. Our goal is to count every product in the warehouse at least 8 times over the course of the year. In theory this should give us 150-200 products to count per day and products would get counted once ever 6 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the best method to accomplish this? We have ended up creating 30 individual cycles and are rotating through these cycles in succession. However, this is not a great experience as it requires any new products to be added to one of the 30 cycles and there isn’t a great way to make sure they’re evenly distributed across all 30 cycles. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mikeho 

How are our Physical Inventory Types setup? Have you looked at the Last Count on or Before? That may reduce some of those counts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mikeho - we had built a custom daily cycle count process for a customer last year that randomly selects “X” items daily to ensure that all items are counted “X” times per year.  We couldn’t find a way to do it using stock functionality.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @kandybeatty49. We are currently doing it by cycle. I haven’t tried it by last count on or before, that could be an option for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kandybeatty49. We are currently doing it by cycle. I haven’t tried it by last count on or before, that could be an option for us.

Hi @mikeho 

I would try those and test to see if you get less options and what the results are. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@meganfriesen37 - that’s disheartening. I’m definitely finding the cycle counting features in Acumatica a bit lacking.

Another big issue we are running into is if we include items with Zero book quantity, Acumatica will list products with past locations instead of the current location to which the product has been set as the Primary Item.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mikeho were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Chris Hackett - no, this is still an issue for us.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved