Solved

Customer/Vendor Default GL Code overriding Non-stock Item Codes

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I have the following scenario:

1. The GL Account on an AR Invoice created with a Customer extended from a branch is pulling the default GL Account from the Customer Record. When I add a Non-stock item to the details, the item’s GL Account is NOT overriding the default GL Account from the customer record. 
  2. The GL Account on an AP Bill created with a Vendor extended from a branch is pulling the default GL Account from the Vendor Record. When I add a Non-stock item to the details, the item’s GL Account is NOT overriding the default GL Account from the vendor record. 

I tested and do not have this issue with vendors created from the vendor screen.  Has anyone come across a fix for this? 

Thank you, 

Lindsey 

icon

Best answer by vkumar 3 April 2023, 07:25

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Lindsey23 ,

Did you try changing this field in AP Preferences?

I did a quick test in my Sales Demo to extend ABC Branch to a Vendor. I entered two lines on a bill, one with no inventory id → on this line the Expense account defaults from Vendor’s GL Accounts tab.  I added  a second with a non-stock item → On this line the Expense Account correctly defaults from the non-stock item… with the above setting set as shown.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Lindsey23 

Here is the setting to check for AR side. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 1

We missed that setting! Thank you so much! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved