Question

Cash Sale - No Notification Source for Email

Hi, we have automated emails each night to send copies of invoices, which are working fine. 

However, when we make a sale of type CS (Cash Sale) and quick process it, invoice emailing fails with the error “There is no active notification source to process the operation.”

Cash sales are setup with “Email Invoice” and “Release Invoice” ticked in the quick processing tab, within the Order Types setup page.

See attached image showing the error, which occurs as part of quick processing.

Our local partner has been unable to fix this problem after 5 months, so are now reaching out to the community in hope that someone knows. 

Thanks!

Geoff 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Geoff,

Is there a default email account setup on the Email Preferences screen?

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Sr Solutions Architect

Kensium

Hi @DavidEichner , yes our default email account is set, with same configuration as your screenshot. Emails are working elsewhere in the system fine, just not for Cash Sales/Quick Processing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Geoff,

What version and build of Acumatica are you on?  I just tested it out and it seemed to work fine for me.  I am on 2022R2 build 22.206.0035

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

We are on 2021.217.300.1255

I guess I will wait until our next version to see if this resolves the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would enter a support case on the Acumatica portal in the meantime just to confirm that it is a bug and not a configuration issue.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @geoffreym 

Please check the mailing setting on customer profile of customer used on cash sale and check if there is an entry for Cash sale report (so643000)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hi @vkumar, yes we have an entry both in sales order preferences, and also customer class (and actual customer). But it still doesn’t generate, and produces the error in my original screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @geoffreym  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi @Chris Hackett - no not yet. None of the above solutions worked.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Chris Hackett @geoffreym  

I’m running the same version and receiving this message. Is this a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @etrojan28 - you would want to check with Support 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved