Solved

Can a business event be sent to multiple email addresses?

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We are currently working on a business event to send out a quote triggered by a record change. The issue we are running into is that the quote may need to be sent to multiple people (listed on the relations tab). Even though our GI is showing each email address as a separate line, the business event does not fire nor fail if there are multiple lines for the specific quote it is trying to send. It runs perfectly if there is only one person to send to. What am I missing to get this to send correctly, or is this not possible? Thanks! 

From GI Results Grid
Three separate emails pulling to the GI results, which is correct. 
To field from email template. 

icon

Best answer by mnecaise 12 April 2024, 00:00

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello, 

I found a previous post that indicates yes, a business event can send emails to multiple addresses:

I’m not sure if this answer fits your situation exactly; may be worth trying.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Laura02 Hi Laura, I saw that one too. However, in our case there isn’t another field to pull the email address from, nor do we have the ability to enter multiple email addresses in the same field. We are pulling the email address from the relations tab under the opportunity and we need the notification to be sent to the email address listed on each relation entry. Everything pulls fine to our GI, so it seems like it would work. It’s just when there is more than one relation entry for that opportunity the business event won’t fire, but it also doesn’t fail.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I was able to fix this by changing the business event type to trigger by action.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @mnecaise!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved