Solved

Attribute control type of "link"

• 2 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi folks,

Has anyone worked out how to create links in attributes ?

One example business use - customer using Projects has added an attribute to record the portal URL and username. This is because their customers often require them to provide updates via that portal.

As ever I’m trying to use inbuilt Acumatica functionality without customisation as that is what my customers more readily access. I’ve added “Text” control attributes to hold the data but can’t make them into clickable links (probably just me not knowing how).

If this isn’t possible, I’ll change the question into a wishlist idea, in which case having an attribute control type of “link” would need the following inputs (I suggest):-

1. Link URI
  2. (maybe) Link URI type (web or local filesystem) *
  3. Choice of URI Launch Type of “New Window”, “New Tab”, “Frame” or “External” - if “Frame” the link could open the portal in a frame within the current Acumatica window or load an Acumatica WiKi with the frame embedded. If “External” link should be opened with a program other than the browser. **
  4. URI parameters (which should also be able to reference standard Acumatica data placeholders as per email notification templates etc)

* The “Link URI type” may not be needed as simply constructing the link URI correctly should reference the desired location (RFC 8089). However, there needs to be a way to force use of a system method to open the link rather than opening the URI in another browser window. In other words, if the URI is a folder, we would want Windows Explorer to open that folder rather than the browser opening it.

Also, my recommendation would be that “filesystem” type URI’s should be restricted to folders only as we’re not trying to replace the excellent mechanism for attaching files to entities that is baked into every screen anyway, and maybe that the attribute control type should be excluded from mobile ?

** If the link URI type is “FileSystem” and the “URI Launch Type” is “External” you’d need to check to see if the path referred to is available.

Thanks for reading folks,

Graham

icon

Best answer by Irina 11 December 2020, 15:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello Graham!

There is no such functionality in Acumatica at the time, and we have an idea for this posted a long time ago.

You may need to explore customization possibilities, and I would suggest using user-defined fields rather than attributes for this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved