Solved

Allow Universal Search in Generic Inquiry

• 18 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have created a generic inquiry for a custom form, but when I try to type in the search bar it does not give any results but only shows results when we use the filter functionality in the generic inquiry. Any idea why that occurs?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 18 August 2021, 08:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @TharidhiP  In the Generic Inquiry → Results Grid tab, we have a “Use in Quick Search”, if this checkbox checked then you can search with those fields.

Please find the screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen B ,

we faced with an issue when Vendor Description, or Customer Description can’t be selected to use in the Quick Search. The checkbox is inactive for the two fields.

Is it something we can fix?

Thank you,

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge

@aborisova37

Anna-- Without getting the full picture of your GI, I would guess that AcctCD_Description is not actually the data you intend to go after.

Im not entirely sure what this field is actually for, but if you are just looking for the customer account name, i would use AcctName data field under the Customer object

I would go out on a limb and say you also want to switch LastModDateTime from the INItemXRef object onto the InventoryItem object directly, but again don’t have the full picture of what you are doing

Hope it helps!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@xkylewrightx Thank you, Kyle! The suggested change fixed the issue. You were right, we used the field AcctCD_Description :)

@Naveen Boga we are running 2021-R2 and we do not see the fields after `Navigate To`. Is the `Use in Quick Search` a feature that was removed in the current versions or is there a way to enable this functionality?

Missing fields in results grid

Our install

Userlevel 5
Badge

@bmortenson 

edit your column configuration by clicking the tiny little clipboard icon on the top left of the grid, to the left of the column names

@xkylewrightx Perfect! Thank you very much.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved