Solved

Why does my generic enquiry for Invoice age returns negative values

• 19 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created a generic enquiry to show the latest invoice age per customer but the ARInoice.DocDate seems to have a problem because my date values are all negative. My formula is =DATEDIFF('d',TODAY(),[ARInvoice.DocDate]). Could this be also because I’m grouping my data 

This also impact my options to filter because I would like to only get invoices older than 90 days

icon

Best answer by ViweM 20 September 2023, 17:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The datediff will show a negative if the Todays date is greater than the DocDate. You could switch the dates around so DATEDIFF('d',[ARInvoice.DocDate],TODAY()) so you get plus numbers. I presume you have set the Total Agregate function to be Max so it shows the highest value for each customer location. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

This doesn’t work, I have switched the dates around and that throws off my invoice age of.

An example let’s look at one invoice INV0041529 the correct age is 14 days, the formula applied below 

is DATEDIFF('d',[ARInvoice.DocDate],TODAY()).

Then I switch the formula around (=DATEDIFF('d',[ARInvoice.DocDate],TODAY())) and it gives

I’m totally shocked by this behavior, and the same thing is happening on the Sales Demo on my local

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you share the GI as i use Datediff a lot and it works as expected.

Userlevel 2
Badge

There you go

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The DateDiff is working correctly it is your grouping that is causing the crazy numbers. As you have nothing set on the Total Agregate function on the Results grid. For numeric fields Acumatica will Sum the Days together for each Invocie per customer/location and give you a Total of all the DateDiffs (Sum is the default if nothing is set)

I believe what you are after is to set this to the MAX so it will display the highest DateDiff per customer/location

I would switch the DateDiff around as i suggested and turn of your grouping and validate the results are correct then turn back on your grouping and set the Total Aggregate function and you will see the affects

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well I removed the grouping, switched the formula and its reflecting the correct age but twist was actually put the aggregation as MIN

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved