Solved

What dictates the "Editable Unit Cost" field on the Purchase Receipts screen?

• 10 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a site where this field is disabled, and therefore the user cannot enter the cost in the purchase receipt screen. But I cannot turn it back on and don’t know which settings/feature governs it. The in product help doesn’t mention about it either.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 10 February 2022, 12:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @leonchau80  In Native Acumatica, the Unit Cost field is editable in the Purchase Receipts screen.

Not sure, why it is disabled on your site, do you have any customization for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @leonchau80 

Here is rule that determines the checkbox value, if the lines are copied from Purchase order: 

• If the purchase order line has retainage or inclusive taxes applied, the Editable Unit Cost check box is cleared in the corresponding purchase receipt line.
  • If the purchase order line does not have retainage or inclusive taxes applied, the Editable Unit Cost check box is selected in the corresponding purchase receipt line.

Regards,

Userlevel 1

Thank you VIjay!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@vkumar , @Naveen Boga , @leonchau80 

I was searching for the same answer to the original question.  I found one other setting that affects the Editable Unit Cost field in some cases. If the Vendor has Allow AP Bills Before Receipt checked, then the unit cost is not editable on the Purchase Order Receipt for some items.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved